Saturday, March 7, 2015

Just So You Know...


This I Know
By Sherry Boyles
September 26, 2013

I know not from whence I came, nor how I came to be.
All I know, I have been taught by others known to me.
The Word, the symbols learned from birth, conveys the message clear,
I may not know the reason, but my Father sent me here.

I knew His face, of this I’m sure, for I can see it, still.
I’ve seen it in the sunshine that warms the winter chill;
In every dawn that slays the night and brings another day;
In every moment that I live, He lights for me the way.

I am a stranger to this place…this Earth that I call home.
‘tis ruled by forces deep and dark, but I am not alone.
Within me lies the Light of God, and so the strength I need
To be at one with Heaven, in thought, and word, and deed.

Am I perfect? No, not I! At least in human eyes.
But, as a daughter of my God, I fear not human lies.
For He has told me I am His, and I shall ever be,
The concept of perfection that my Father sees in me.

And, so, despite the questions running rampant in my mind,
Created by so many words I’ve gathered over time,
While I don’t know from whence I came, this truth I know – not learned –
My God, my Father, loves me, and awaits my safe return.

Copyrighted September 26, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment