Sunday, February 3, 2013

AWESOME Missionary Testimony


I want to share a testimony that I received from a missionary that is currently serving in one of the Mexican missions from 2010. 

Last night we had the best zone meeting that I've ever been in; it was super spiritual and I could see and feel that every word that the zone leaders said in their closing remarks was spoken with power and authority from God.  It was a moment that brought my mind back to Nephi's words upon recording Christ's ministry in the plates, in that the words were so powerful that they could not be recorded. 

But the Spirit I felt was absolutely incredible, especially as Elder Arnett was testifying of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and of the story of him having received his witness and testimony of it.  We were each challenged to go home that night, read a passage of the Book of Mormon that we liked, read ''Moroni's Promise'', think about what we would include in our prayer to receive a witness of the Book of Mormon through the Spirit, and then pray.  I was planning to go right to the Promise and go from there, but my hands automatically pulled to where I left off reading, in Mormon 5.  Upon reading the chapter heading, I was amazed to see that the chapter talks of the Book of Mormon coming forth to be a witness of Christ and so read those passages.  The feeling I received was really neat then, but nothing compared to when I prayed.  Even though I was fighting off sleep during the prayer I offered up, I felt a small shock inside and then a huge peace upon waiting to receive an answer.  This morning I prayed to receive the same witness, the same feeling again, and it was like a bubble of peace expanded and then exploded outward inside of me.  I can not tell you all how much my testimony of the Book of Mormon has grown through what occured in the junta last night and my search for the witness by the Spirit.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment